Election Day Registration Information
If all voter registration deadlines have been missed, a bona fide resident of the town of Greenwich may register to vote and cast a ballot at the special Election Day Registration location, on the second floor of Greenwich Town Hall. Election Day Registration begins at 6AM and must be completed by 8PM.
A voter must bring the appropriate proof of identity and residency. See below for acceptable proof.
The Election Day Registration process requires verification that the voter is not registered to vote in any other municipality in CT, or, if the voter is registered, election officials must determine that the individual has not voted in the other municipality by telephoning the corresponding Registrars of Voters.
The entire process is lengthy, as it includes voter registration, verification, and then finally the actual casting of a ballot.
Depending on the popularity of this option and the individual voter’s circumstances, wait times can vary from a minimum of 20 minutes to an hour.
This option is only available at the EDR location in Town Hall. It is not available at neighborhood polling places.
Acceptable ID for Election Day Registration:
NOTE: Current DMV Connecticut Drivers License/Non-Driver’s License/Learner’s Permit satisfy both proof of identity
and residence. (Adhesive strip with change of address acceptable.)
Proof of Identity
• Birth Certificate
• Social Security Card
• Oath of another elector or proof satisfactory to registrars (Reminder: identity ONLY)
• College photo ID, in place of birth certificate, license, or Social Security card
• Driver's License (Reminder: out of state OK for identity ONLY)
Proof of Residence
• Current CT Drivers License/Non-Driver License or Motor Vehicle Learners Permit
• Utility Bill—due no later than 30 days pre-election
• Electronic copies of utility bills which can be downloaded in front of poll worker are acceptable.
Must be downloaded, not just a picture.
• Current college or university registration or fee statement
• Current Paycheck/Bank Statement
• Property tax bill
• Naturalization documents
• Passport (recent & includes residential address)