My running mate, Janet Stone McGuigan, and I appreciate the significance of our nomination. We understand the trust that the Democratic Town Committee has placed in us. We will do our best to earn that trust. We believe we are prepared, and we believe that if the voters will invest their time in learning about us then we will prevail in November. We will certainly do our part to reach out to all voters and every community. We will honor any and all invitations to meet anytime and anyplace. We look forward to the debates.
We will provide effective management, strong leadership and reasoned judgment. Our focus is to make sure there is room in our capital budget for the necessary capital expenditures of our school system. The Board of Education needs leaders at Town Hall who will work with them shoulder to shoulder, not go toe to toe. I spent eight years on the Board of Education and my granddaughter is a student at North Mianus School, where the ceiling fell in. We are committed to great schools and great teachers.
Lastly, I spent four years on the Board of Estimate and Taxation and I have a degree in Finance from the University of Notre Dame. Janet and I appreciate that low taxes are a hallmark of our decentralized government and we will not waste your tax payments.
We look forward to the next two years.
Your contribution to the Greenwich DTC will help support my campaign!
William "Bill" Kelly
Litigation Attorney, 40 years
Founder, Gerber, Ciano, Kelly, Brady
University of Notre Dame, BBA, Finance
Brooklyn Law School, JD
Married: 40 years, wife, Barbara
Children: Liz, attorney, attended Greenwich Public Schools, married, two children, lives in Riverside
Kristen: MD, President, Greenwich High School, class of 2005;
Chief Resident of Emergency Department, Mt. Sinai, New York City
• Moved to Old Greenwich in 1992, resident 29 years
• Co-Chair, Pumpkin Patch, Old Greenwich School, 1995, 1996
• RTM, District 6, 1994-1999 (Chair, 1996-1999)
• Board of Education, 1999-2007 (Chair of Negotiations)
• Board of Estimate & Taxation, 2007-2011 (Audit Committee)
• Multiple School Building Committees (Old Greenwich, Parkway, North Street, New Lebanon, Eastern Middle School,
Central Middle School, MISA) (Chair of Old Greenwich, Parkway Building Comm)
• Board of Directors, Greenwich Old Timers Athletic Association
• Board of Directors, Greenwich Audubon
• President, Rocky Point Club, 2015-2019
• Certificate of Merit from Tom Ragland, First Selectman, for co-authoring Clifford Report, based on three person committee
(Jim Clifford, Joan Caldwell) investigation of Fire Department after investigation of fatality on Merritt Parkway
• Certificate for Service to the Town, issued by First Selectman Peter Tesei honored with a naming of a Day in Greenwich